Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Like a yo-yo.

The weight of MY world on my shoulders. Today I decided that I seriously need to curb my emotional eating, its not going to happen overnight but I have to do something. This last month, after being on such a good roll, spiralled and I gained everything I had lost due to emotional binge eating, I hate that. Its quite silly, something is troubling you so you eat, and after you eat, you feel guilty that you ate! So I have googled, Yahoo'ed and bing'ed and this is what I came up with, a few pointers:
PS: I am starting with this right now! Not MONDAY, not at the end of the month when I can get a gym membership, NOW!
I set my mind to this a few months ago, I WILL DO THIS!


BE REALISTIC - Make sure your diet is something you can stick with. (CHECK)

BE PATIENT - Be patient with weight loss, you didnt put your weight on over night, it takes time. (DOUBLE CHECK)

BE SUPPORTED -  (BLEH.) I live in a small town in the middle of God's no where, I suppose I am my own support. 

CURB EMOTIONAL EATING - 
  1. Tame your stress: If stress contributes to your emotional eating, try a stress management technique, such as yoga, meditation or relaxation.
  2.  Have a hunger reality check: Is your hunger physical or emotional? If you ate just a few hours ago and don't have a rumbling stomach, you're probably not really hungry. Give the craving a little time to pass.
  3. Fight boredom: Instead of snacking when you're not truly hungry, distract yourself. Take a walk, watch a movie, play with your cat, listen to music, read, surf the Internet or call a friend.
  4. Take away temptation. Don't keep supplies of comfort foods in your home if they're hard for you to resist. And if you feel angry or blue, postpone your trip to the grocery store until you're sure that you have your emotions in check. (LOCK UP THE BREAD!)

BE VIGILANT - If you lose 15 kgs then gain back 5, its easy to think its ok, but its a slippery slope. (CHECK, CHECK AND CHECK!)

BE ACTIVE - Jillian Michaels Morning workout (CHECK), Evening Walk (CHECK)

DRINK WATER -  There is no comprimise, Drink lots of water. (CHECK)

BE OPTIMISTIC - Yes Ma'am! (CHECK)

SET A "NOT WEIGHT" GOAL -  My goal, that I have set now for three years unreached is to run the local town 5k, I will achieve this, next year Jan 2013!

Alrighty, I have to be on my way, I have a 30 minute Jillian Michaels beginners work out to do, and later on this evening, a 30 minute walk. Have a super Tuesday, Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment