Friday, March 9, 2012

The most important things in life... aren't things.

So, for the last few months I have been searching for a job, not the perfect job or a well paying job, just a job, where I can get out, meet people and have a little more human interaction than I currently am having. The beginning of the year, I decided that I wanted needed to go to church more often. I was a firm believer in "you dont have to go to church everyday to be a christian", I should change that to "you dont have to go to church EVERYDAY, but it sure does help renew your faith" haha, I thought that this would be great for me to meet new people, interact and above all, renew my faith that was stagnating ever so slightly. So I decided if I were going to do it, I were going to DO it! So the first sunday at the beginning of the year my husband and I hopped into our car and drove off in the direction that I thought was the church that I had picked out for us. 
I wasnt sure if it was God's plan, or my husband's plan that we ended up in the church that we are in today, but its a good church, it has renewed my faith, I have met some really great people, people that are not different to how I am. People that care about eachother. People that if you did not know them, you would not know how soft natured they are, or how gregarious they are, or that they have a really great hearty laugh! People are such amazing things, I often think how much fun God must have had the day he created man. 
I think the hardest thing in life is when you feel so renewed, so alive and afresh with the hope and love of God, but now your test comes when you have to put your faith in him to deliver on something your heart so desires. You want to intervene, and in the past, I have, and by the past I mean last month, and by "I have", I mean that I probably will again but try really hard not to. The one thing my church has tought me in the short span that I have been there is Simply, Trust God, just TRUST HIM. It's so hard!

Its so funny, we trust him to put the sun in the sky in the morning, and raise the moon for us at night, we trust him to keep our stars burning in the night sky and our oceans full, we trust him to clothe the fields in mielies and keep the baby birds warm... but I have difficulty trusting him with a heart felt wish? Today, I have put all things in perspecive, I am going to trust. I am going to trust that if it is God's will, I will get the job that I applied for, if it is not, I will TRUST that he will bring me along something else.. when the time is right, when his time is right. It's not easy, but it is something I can do. I realise something this morning, prayer is powerful. So I looked online to see if I can find a prayer request site, I did, there are lots, but then I thought to myself, I am about to ask a bunch of people that I dont know, who have never met or seen me to pray for me, regardless of the fact that they dont know just how badly I want this prayer to come to pass. We surround ourselves with real people filled with real prayer, there is no need to refer to virtual people. So instead of signing up, I messaged my pastor, I think that was a good call. So I encourage anyone who needs prayer, ask the people who love you, who surround themselves with you, to pray for you, its the most selfless act we, as human beings can perform.
I think God had a great day when he made people, and when he planted his little seed for love. 

Today is friday, today is the day that I trust God knows what is best for me. 


Dear God,
I place my humble needs before you: My need to meet my responsibilities in the world. My need to use my God-given talents and abilities. My need to fulfill my place here on earth. I pray for Your guidance now to show me the way to the perfect opportunity to do what I love, to do what I can do well, and what will fulfill my needs mentally, spiritually, and financially. Help me to walk in faith as You show me the way!
Thank You, Lord. Amen. 

I hope everyone has a great day. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment